Should Your Business Use Facebook Likes and Social Plugins.
Has your business been thinking about interacting with Facebook on your website? If you are still thinking about this and wonder how it would benefit your business, then keep reading. I will be giving you some stats that are directly from Facebook that could affect your decision.
The break down of these stats will be based on type of business.
- Average media site integrated with Facebook has seen a 300% increase in referral traffic.
- Users coming to NHL.com from Facebook spend 85% more time, read 90% more articles and watch 85% more videos than a non-connected user.
- People who sign in with Facebook at Huffington Post view 22% more pages and spend 8 minutes longer than the average reader.
- ABCNews.com, Huffington Post, and Washington Post are said to have more than doubled their referral traffic from Facebook since the integrated with Facebook.
- Outdoor sporting goods retailer, Giantnerd.com, saw a 100% increase revenue from Facebook within two weeks of adding a “like” button.
- Children’s clothing retailer, Tea Collection, added the “like” button to sale merchandise and saw daily revenues increase 10 times.
- ShoeDazzle added a “like” button to all of their products on their site and in the first month had thousands of likes for its top products. They also let people login into their site using Facebook Connect, and those users were repeat users that made repeat purchases.
- Levi’s saw a 40 times increase in referral traffic from Facebook after adding a “like” button and has maintained it’s success.
- American Eagle added a “like” button beside each product on it’s page and user’s spent an average of 57% more money than non-Facebook referred visitors.
- Eventbrite and Ticketmaster’s have found increase in their ticket sales since people have shared their purchase to an event on Facebook.
After seeing these kind of stats hopefully you will want to consider adding a “like” button or have some type of interaction with Facebook on your page. So now the question is, what are some ideas that we may have to help you with integrating the “like” button into your page?
Facebook states that “like” buttons get roughly three to five time more clicks if versions that show thumbnails of friends are used. You will also increase your chances if you allow people to make Facebook comments on your site. Placing your “like” buttons at the top and bottom of articles and also in videos are a good idea.
Here are some of the pages we have worked on that integrate Facebook in specific ways.
This site incorporates the method of having a like button with each product. Once you click on “like” button it will show all the users friends the item the user likes. We have also incorporated other social media into the site like Youtube, Twitter, and Linkedin.
Hanover Center incorporates the use not only of the “like” button, but of the “like” box. Each store on the Hanover Center website has a “like” box so a user can like that specific business. The “like” box also shows the stores most recent posts.
I hope this entry has helped out in your decision on using Facebook or not. As you can see it can increase your business if used properly. Feel free to contact us on any questions on converting your website to a Facebook user friendly site.